Friday, July 25, 2008

Movie Date

Last night Josh and I spent the night at the movies. It was fun! Since Brayden is with Jason for the weekend we went out instead of celebrating the 24th with fireworks. We went and saw 2 movies...Batman The Dark Knight, and MAMA MIA!
I thought Batman was awesome,Heath Ledger is amazing in it. Then about 30 minutes from the end...I was wishing it was over. This film definitely should have been rated R (just my opinion of course). Then we went to MAMA MIA!




I bet you can guess how I felt about it. It was so hard to control myself and not just jump up and start dancing with Meryl Streep. Such a cute show! It reminded me of my childhood :) My parents had all the ABBA music on 8 tracks (I think that is what they were called). And when I was little I had a best friend who lived across the street from us, her name was Blythe. We would spend hours each week dancing in the living room to ABBA. It would also be a blast to go to with the girls (you know who you are)...I just wish we could rent out a theatre so we could sing along and dance! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD...and don't worry, when it does I am sponsoring a MAMA MIA night over at my house!

4 comments:

John, Amanda and Clara said...

Josh you are a good man, going to see Mama Mia. Total Chick flick..
-JOHN

Jordan said...

I totally agree about the Batman thing. I thought it was so good but incredibly dark. I was hoping the end would be more redeeming. Oh well. Still very very good. And I just saw Mama Mia too. I loved, loved it. It was so good. I wanted to get up and dance the entire time. So so fabulous.

n.davis said...

Bosh
this is Chris & Nikki. We need your address for our upcoming wedding/reception, which is on the 8th and 9th of august. We would love to see you at the reception, if possible. My email address is tophy_2m@hotmail.com.

Chris

Mark and Kandice said...

Oh my Melanie. How did you get your husband to see that? I need to know the secret.:)